Ranch History

John Henry Funk was the first resident of Beeler Canyon. He purchased the land along the south side of Creek Road nearly 100 years ago and established Creek Road Ranch. The original homestead that John built stood until 2003 when it was destroyed by the Cedar Fire. John was a successful cattle man, and raised his family on the Ranch.

His son William (Bill) Funk learned from well from  his cowboy father, and took over the family business is the 1950’s.  He eventually left the cattle business and started a small boarding facility for horses on the property.

Bill married Carol Funk in 1979. After his death in 1994, Carol continues Bill’s legacy working the Ranch.

Creek Road Ranch has been home to PoVa Therapeutic Riding Center since May, 2011.

Read more about Ranch History!